Sunday, February 20, 2011

Long Overdue Post

Thank you to those of you that follow this blog faithfully, and gently remind me that I haven't posted in a while...the reminders worked, so here I am finally getting an opportunity to download new pictures and write a new post!

The last few weeks since Ella has been home from the hospital have been fairly uneventful, and this is a good thing.  Ella's appetite has returned with a vengeance, eating and drinking what seems like way too much to stuff into this little girl!  Loss of appetite was expected with RSV, but fortunately Ella didn't lose weight.  At her 18 month check up (which was postponed since she spent her 18 month birthday in the PICU), she weighed in at 18 pounds, 14.5 ounces; and measured 28.25 inches long.  The next well visit would typically be at 24 months, but Ella's pediatrician would like to see her at 21 months, just to check in on her weight.

I wish I had more to report in regards to her follow up with Pulmonology, but I've literally been playing phone tag with the doctor all week.  I did get a message saying her data looked good enough for her to come off the oxygen at night, but that she still sees a little "something" and would like to do a sleep study within the next month.  I'm trying to clarify the "something" :) and will let you know what that means as soon as I know.

Ella is making great strides on a gross motor level.  She is still doing her army crawl thing, but she has become extremely proficient at it, and moves at top speed.  If I'm in the kitchen making dinner, she'll come check out what I'm doing; if I'm in the bathroom getting ready, she comes in to keep me company.  She is "playing" with the all fours position, getting into it, rocking, but when she gets motivated to move, she's back down onto her belly and away she goes.  She loves to watch the snow, so she'll go from the front door to the back slider doors, watching out the windows.  Sometimes when I pick her up her shirt is dusty and I realize just how dirty my floors are.  Grahm wants to tie a swiffer cloth to her chest and turn her loose!

We haven't snapped too many pictures lately, but below are a few from the past few days.  Enjoy and thanks for reading!


Ella and her new Magna Doodle




My gma Cheryl made me my very own batch of Valentine cookies, cutout hearts with pink frosting - YUM!!







Grahm participated in the Polar Plunge in support of Special Olympics Ohio, hosted this year by the Columbus zoo.  Brrr! 


1 comment:

  1. SO glad to hear that things are going better!!! I agree with Grahm...add the swiffer cloth to her!!!! It'll save you time from the 150 million other things that you are doing! :) Hope to see you all as soon as this crummy weather breaks! Love and miss you all!!! Team Franz

    ReplyDelete